Friday, February 19, 2010

Here We Go

I began umpiring in 2008 after years of playing and coaching. My son was off to high school so my coaching "career" was at a crossroads. Some of the umpires I knew encouraged me to give officiating a try. They looked like they were having fun, I knew the rules of baseball and I wanted to stay involved at our local park with the rec ball and youth travel leagues. Why not?

Well, my first year didn't go exactly as I expected but there were also some pleasant surprises. I'll post about that first year but I'll focus on documenting the upcoming season.

I've got the bug. Being on the field is one of the best places to spend an afternoon or an evening. I'll share the funny, the scary, the crazy and the zany. If you are a player, coach, parent or fellow umpire (I've been them all), then I think you'll enjoy this blog.

Bookmark this blog and c'mon backa few times a week -- and don;t be shy about posting a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment